durham, NC | Sept 2015 - june 2016
Research Assistant I
Assisted with the implementation of over 10 company research projects
• Ensured that project activities adhered to 3C, IRB, and research study requirements and timelines
• Managed responsibilities across multiple projects simultaneously
• Coordinated a grant submission to the Dept of Education's Small Business Innovation Research Program
• Facilitated iterative and usability testing across the entire research process, including:
- Questionnaire development and deployment
- Data collection, coding, and verification
- Statistical analysis
- Literature review
- IRB proposal writing and submission
- Participant recruitment, tracking, and correspondence
The Ivymount Social Cognition Instructional Package (IvySCIP) is an online platform designed to help education practitioners assess the social and emotional learning needs of elementary students diagnosed with High-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder.
This project was funded by the Small Business Innovation Research program at the U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences.
Planet K is a mobile phone app designed to help youth (ages 12-21) transition to self-care of chronic kidney disease.
The development of Planet K is part of a larger project, the Online Medical Monitoring System (OMMS). OMMS is an integrated online and mobile technology infrastructure designed to
- Enhance youths’ disease- and treatment-related knowledge through interactive and game-based educational materials
- Support adherence to the treatment regimen through customized task prompts via mobile and web-based delivery
- Promote patient-provider communication through real-world data collection and synchronized feedback loops
Emotion Explorer is a series of interactive storybooks designed to enable educators to provide individualized student support in five core emotion literacy skills critical for social-emotional well-being and academic success.